1) Guess what we're getting the kids for Christmas?
Meet Evie (I always wanted to name a daughter that!) who will be picked up Christmas Eve (see how the name fits?) and here on Christmas morning to surprise the kids. This is our first real pet (because fish and dust bunnies aren't real pets). If you know my kids in real life - DO NOT TELL THEM!! Sorry I had to yell, but I want them to be completely surprised :)
2) We took the kids to see Wreck-it-Ralph which was cute but led me to start writing a whole post about good/evil that I may never publish since I can't quite articulate why this movie didn't sit well with me.
3) I bought some fresh fish the other day, and look at the receipt:
They gave me a senior discount! What the heck? I'm hoping they thought I was a senior in college ;) I was going to go back and tell them they had undercharged me when I realized I hadn't even bought haddock, I had purchased the less expensive cod. So I was overcharged and insulted. Boo.
4) John-Paul was feeling left out that he wasn't having some medical issues like his mom and decided to have abdomen pains right where his appendix is starting on Monday night.
On Tuesday morning, I took him to the doctor who tested his urine in case it was an infection (it came back negative) and said he had no other symptoms of appendicitis but we would know when to bring him into the hospital because he would be doubled over in pain. Wednesday came and he seemed fine. Thursday morning he woke up feeling sick and vomited He stayed with the baby's nanny all day and I'm home with him today. He's back to feeling fine. What gives?
5) A beautiful sunset on my afternoon walk Wednesday (it was only 4:20!!)
6) From the "Why Do We Even Buy Toys?" Files:
7) I only need one more follower to get to 200 which seems huge to me, but I know is way less than all of the great bloggers that I love to read (and apparently everybody else does too).
P.S. Don't forget to enter the giveaway...today is the last day!
Have a Decemberish Weekend Everybody!!