Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Suddenly Seven

The seventh baby turned seven this past weekend!


We woke up at Camelback Resort and spent a few hours at the waterpark before driving home.


Brendan still has one top front tooth that looks raggedy-andy and he hoped it would fall out on his last day of being 6, because it will be the 6th tooth he loses.  When that didn't happen, he hoped it would fall out on his birthday, but no such luck.  So now he's hoping for it to come out before school starts!  And let me tell ya, we have tried to pull it out for days (I love pulling teeth) and that thing is stubborn!

We arrived home late on his birthday, after attending a very strange Mass in Hartford, CT (!!) and celebrated his birthday the next day...which really means you get two whole days of being celebrated :)

JP and Eamon brought him out for breakfast, Maggie made him a nice card and bought him some candy, Xander and Declan each spent their dollars buying him candy as well (so sweet) and Eamon took the little ones to the playground and then to The Cottage to get blue raspberry shave ice where his mouth ended up matching Eamon's cast:


Brendan chose pizza for dinner and an ice cream cake for dessert.  We had his godmother, Haley and her husband, Jonathan over as well as my parents.  Time for presents!


He asked Gammy and Grandpa for a St. Brendan medal, and of course they delivered and even had it blessed by our pastor.






Brendan still loves the show Bluey and wanted a Bingo stuffie, which his godmother one-upped by getting him a Bingo that talks!


We bought him a new backpack from LL Bean, because he kept reminding us that he needed a big kid "real" backpack for second grade.  

Blurry photos because excited kids!

Brendan also asked for a fitbit, but we got him the amazon version which he loves.  He also got new white socks (seventh kids who are also the sixth boy don't get a lot of new clothes so these are treasured!) and a series of his current favorite books.



Then Declan played him Happy Birthday on the violin...


And Brendan serenaded himself on the piano...





Happy birthday to the best little caboose.  You get along so easily with everyone, love to giggle and are whip smart.  You are such a confident child, probably because you have six older siblings who make you feel like you can do anything.  Conversations with you feel more like a conversation with an adult, and you often correct Declan's mispronunciations or grammar which is quite sassy.  You love reading and coloring and gymnastics and watching family movies while snuggling on the couch.  Physical touch is definitely your love language.  You give multiple bedtime hugs every night and say I Love You and I'm Sorry and Thank You so easily.  You are empathetic and sweet and clever and strong, and to us you are just perfect.  We love you so much Brendan Joseph!!

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Brendan!! 7 is such a fun age, hope he enjoys it!

    I am so curious to hear about the strange Mass LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure who this is, but if you know me in person, I will tell you when I see you!

      Delete
  2. Aw, happy birthday! I love age 7! Well, I guess I love all the ages, but 7 is very fun! Lucky number 7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would have been a better title "Lucky Number Seven Turns Seven" :)

      Delete
  3. The sweetness is just unbearable! I love that he requested a St. Brendan medal, and the excitement over brand new white socks is something I totally understand coming from a family with six kids ;)

    I'm dying to know more about the strange mass in Hartford! Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could be charitable talking about it ;)

      Delete
  4. This is so sweet. How great that all the older sibs do special things for him. He is such a fun guy. I love how excited he is about his own socks. I'm aware of that sort of excitement. What is the deal with this stubborn tooth? Wishing Brendan the best year as an amazing 7 year old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh socks and underwear is a BIG deal :)

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday to Brendan! It looks like such a wonderful day (two days). I can tell from the other comments that you won't tell about the strange mass but my interest is certainly piqued!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...