Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fridge Update

So, here's an update on our with most things in life, it hasn't been easy.

When our fridge first began breaking (not cooling properly), my Dad had a guy come and look at it, and then come back the next day to replace the thermostat.

We put new food in the fridge, since we had lost all our food :-( and a few days later, I noticed the milk didn't feel cool enough. We bought thermometers and put them in the fridge and freezer, and once again, the fridge was not cooling properly.

So the Fix-It-Guy came and said he could try to put a different thermostat in which should make it cooler. So he replaced it (and we were able to save about half of our food and put it in our friends' fridge) and we waited to see what the temp would be.

Yet again, the fridge wasn't working properly...aaaargh! So, I had enough and decided we were gonna have to get a new one. We searched online and in stores, and finally settled on a nice one.

The delivery guys came yesterday and couldn't bring up our new fridge (we live in a two-family) because it was too wide for the doorways. We had bought the same size fridge as the one we were replacing, but the doors were a different depth, so that once they took the doors off, they could remove our old fridge but not take up our new one. Frustrations ran high, and my awesome sister came over to babysit while I went back to the store to pick out a new fridge.

I had a measuring tape with me, and had to find a fridge that was big enough for our needs, but small enough to fit through the doorways once the door was removed. I finally found this beauty, but it cost $420 extra. Really, at that point, I didn't even care about the price, I was so fed up.

The delivery guys came today to deliver the SECOND new fridge, and were able to bring it up, but couldn't take away the old one because the water was still hooked up to it, and I didn't know how to shut it off. The guy said he would come back tomorrow to take it away.

When I called the company to make an appointment for the haul-away, they told me it wouldn't be for 4 days! I just wouldn't take that for an answer, and so they called the delivery guy directly to ask him to come as soon as possible.

We are now waiting for a phone call from the delivery guys to let us know when they will be coming back to remove the old fridge. Our kitchen is being overtaken by these two refrigerators, but at least we have a properly cooled fridge/freezer to keep our food in.

Aaaahhhh, the drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...