Here's my list of 25 Things
and Blog Land
1) I just went for a run yesterday and ran for the longest I have ever run at one time: 5.2 miles. I usually run about 4 miles, so I was pleased with myself!
2) I would love to run a marathon one day, purely for bragging rights of course.
3) In 9 days I will be turning thirty. Ouch, even typing that hurts. What happened to my twenties??
4) I am number 5 out
of 6 children in my family. We are all married and we all have kids. So, my parents have 6 kids, 6 kids-in-law, and 17 grandchildren!
5) I am completely Type A personality. Making lists and accomplishing tasks makes me very happy.
6) Although I LOVE to exercise, it is more for the mental health benefits than the physical health benefits.
7) I am addicted to tv
. I am a faithful follower of 24, Lost, Fringe, House, The New Adventures of Old Christine, the Mentalist, Scrubs, The Office, and 30 Rock.
8) I used to ice skate (8 years) and play the violin (5 years). I'm okay with giving up the ice-skating but I wish I never stopped playing violin.
9) The older I get, the more I want to move someplace warm.
10) My eldest son was born on my 24th
birthday (he was 5 weeks early) and has to be the best birthday gift I've ever received.
11) I used to want to be a doctor. I entered college as a biology major, but changed after one semester. I'm so glad I am an accountant now.
12) I am really proud of my siblings and their spouses. All in all, there are 4 doctors, 2 nurses, 2 lawyers, a Medical Salesman and a Computer Specialist.
13) There are so many times every day that I look at my husband and wonder how the heck I got so lucky.
14) I tend to have morbid thoughts. For example, if there is a small garbage bag on the side of the road, I instantly think it could be a dead baby. I know, it's disturbing.
15) I am afraid of the dark.
16) I feel so blessed with the life I have been gifted that I sometimes wonder when something's
gonna go wrong.
17) I still LOVE to listen to pop music. Beyonce & Kanye
West are current favorites, but only when the kids are not in the car.
18) I know all the words to "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice.
19) If I could have picked Maggie's name without my husbands approval, she would have been named Niamh
). My Hubby thought it was too cruel to do that to a child. I still like it and it's Irish spelling.
20) In my life, I've always had a few great friends, never a whole bunch of buddies. I just can't devote that much time and energy to so many people outside my family.
21) I love to travel. I've been all over Europe, to Canada, Mexico and Punta Cana
, California, Florida, all over the North East and down to Virginia, across to Ohio and everywhere in between. When the kids are grown, Phil and I plan on travelling a lot.
22) I've been skiing and reading since I was 4 years old. Pretty impressive, right?
23) In two months I will be getting my wisdom teeth taken out. It's about time, they had to wait until I was not pregnant or nursing, which
has been most of my married life ;)
24) Blogging and reading other people's blogs has brought a sense of acceptance and has kept me sane!
25) Although Phil and I are always struggling financially, we adore each other and our children. We have so many blessings (family, friends, our health, a nice home to rent, food in the fridge and on our table, tons of hand-me-down clothes and toys for our kiddos, Catholic schools, jobs, our pastor and many Priest friends) that we have no right or reason to ever complain.
Wow, I didn't think I had 25 things to say. Now it's your turn. Yup, YOU!