Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday High Five




(Five tidbits from the week)










1) When I was dropping Eamon (age 2) off at my sister's house, he said "You going to work, Mommy?" and I replied (sadly) "Yes".








He said "You sad, Mommy?" and I said "Yes, Eamon, I don't want to go to work".








He said "Don't be sad, Mommy, be happy for Jesus!!"










2) I gave blood on Sunday, and was completely scandalized by the questions I had to answer. I haven't given blood in about 7 years and can't remember if they always asked such awful questions, or if they have increased their embarrassing interrogations. Giving blood is such a great thing, but just be prepared about the questions.










3) We're still looking at houses, so far we've found houses that are too small, in bad locations, on busy streets, too expensive to heat, in flood zones, and/or need a lot of renovations. I feel like Goldilocks looking for just the right house, hopefully we'll find one eventually.










4) After hearing that Josh Groban was dating Katy Perry, I was relieved to read this:






Singer and songwriter Josh Groban is officially not kissing quirky pop star Katy Perry. A rep for Groban tells "People" magazine his client is just good friends with the "I Kissed A Girl" singer. Luke Burland said, quote, "Josh and Katy are very close friends and hang out, but they are not a couple." Earlier this week, Perry's pal Perez Hilton sparked rumors on his celebrity blog claiming she and Groban were an item.










Phew!! Josh Groban, you are too good for her, you and your buttery voice.










5) I have a new niece!!! Congrats to my brother-in-law Bob and his wife Larisa who gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Rory Elizabeth! She is the fifth child in their adorable family and I can't wait to meet her :)


2 comments:

  1. congratulations to your bil and his wife.

    I haven't ever given blood. My parents use too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should give blood... I'm O+ and it is the univeral donor. But I've passed out twice giving blood and got scared to try again. I think maybe I didn't weigh enough back then, definitely not a problem now... lol.

    Congrats on your new niece! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...