Anyway, I thought I would try to incorporate that game here on the blog, and post about the highs and lows of the past week. So without further ado:
8) Today we are going to look at a house that we are REALLY excited about. It's in a neighborhood we have always liked, it's on a cul-de-sac, it's big enough for our family, it's only 5 years old, and it's a foreclosure. Please pray that we can make an acceptable offer!
1) We are not going on vacation next week. We were supposed to go to a timeshare with my parents (who generously offered it to us) but my Mom's back has been really bad, and it's not getting any better. Sitting in a car for 6 hours each way, and sleeping on a potentially soft bed are just not going to be good for her. So we will postpone the trip to another time. The kids were barely disappointed as soon as we promised we would do a lot of fun family activities during the week instead.
2) I have been eating nonstop the past few days...Easter candy, pizza, quesadillas, cookies...if I didn't know any better I'd assume Baby #5 was on the way ;-)
3) Maggie's double ear infection did not go away with the 10 days of amoxicillin. So now she is on a stronger antibiotic for 10 more days. Hopefully it goes away or she might end up with tubes like Andrew and Eamon.
That's it for me, who else wants to play???
We do that too! It's a great way to find out what's going on with my kids.ReplyDelete
I loved your lists! And good for you for running so far. It cancels out your low point of eating candy all day! I hope things work out with that house! It seems like there are so many good deals on houses right now, which is sad for the families who lost them, but good for other families.
Have a fantastic Friday!
Hi Colleen :-) I'm supposed to run 5 miles today (furthest yet). I'm thinking this might need to be a regular thing since I can't control what I put in my mouth! I'll add you to my prayers for the house - you definitely need space with 4 kids, no? We're a bit tight here in the kitchen/laundry. Sorry your vacation was canceled, hope you find some fun things to do! The cavern was REALLY cool. Enjoy your weekend!ReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by! All through college, I nannied and we did hi lo at dinner EVERY night! I cannot wait until my kids are big enough to do this!! Great lists! I hope you get to go on vacation soon! :)ReplyDelete
This would be a great Saturday meme.ReplyDelete
Lots of people do the quick takes thing which is good too, but I love this idea.
I hope you score the house on a cul de sac. I grew up on a house around a cul de sac (my parents still live there). Other kids gravitated to our house because it was the safest.
Have a great weekend.
I'm so happy to have found your lovely blog!! You can visit me at http://benmakesten.blogspot.com/ReplyDelete
Good for you for that long run!!!
Here are my Hi/Lo's :
1) My sweet grand-daughter turns three this week!
2) Our children enjoyed entering some things in a local art show...and one of the sculpture's was invited into the MUSEUM of ART for a week long exhibit!
3) My husband turned the soil for our garden today!
1) My father is back in the hospital (after just coming home from a 5 week stay there)...he now has a bowel obstruction (please offer a prayer for him)
2) I'm a little behind in laundry because we've been having so much fun at the baseball field.
3) My poor son was down to one pair of church pants, which are corduroy and it's 70+ degrees outside!
Good job on the run. I'm sure it's tough to find the time, but it's worth it. My wife is just starting to catch the running bug and is signed up for a 5K. Are you training for a particular race? If you are, don't forget to register. ;-)ReplyDelete
I love the Hi/Lo idea at the dinner table. When I was growing up we talked about our days, but not in that kind of context. I can't wait to do that one day. :)ReplyDelete
We do that too! Only we do Good Things/Bad Things. ;) You share one bad, and two good. It is great!ReplyDelete
As for you, I am dying to hear about the "perfect" house! I hope it all goes well!! And if not, I am still ready to send you links to Houston homes... ;)
I was just adding some links to MEMES that I like to participate in...and I was wondering if you are planning on doing your Hi/Lo every Friday....if so...I will add a permanent link to it on my weekly meme blog http://thankfulwoman.blogspot.com/
(which I hope YOU will participate in as well!) Let me know if you'll be doing HI/LO weekly ok?