Friday, November 17, 2023

Week in Review: Fall Sports Over, Fall Decor on Sale, and Fall Leaves Falling

Happy Friday!  Last weekend was a wonderful long weekend and we made the most of it.  First up, a Veteran's Day parade in front of our house:


My favorite veteran (of two armies - Irish and American) happens to live downstairs and came out to watch the parade with us, then took the boys over to watch the huge flag be raised at the high school.


Phil and I are still training for our personal half-marathon, and ran 10 miles on Friday.  We feel very slow and old and don't know how we are going to run 3.1 more miles than that.  Plus we somehow seem to be gaining weight through this training plan?!?  Lord give us strength.  And speed. 

Declan and Brendan had their last soccer games of the season!!  Declan was a goal scoring machine and still loves the sport so much, but Brendan is looking forward to basketball :)  They had a fun play area set up at Brendan's soccer league for the last day:


We took the little boys and Maggie and her bestie to Hobby Lobby and then to Friendly's for an early dinner:


Xander (12)  Declan (9)  Brendan (7)

Phil found this Hobby lobby Scavenger Hunt and kept the boys entertained with that while the girls shopped.  The fall decor and Christmas decor was 50% off and I scored these cute doormats:


As well as a really nice smelling wax melt called Christmas Morning for my warmer in my office (my office is right next to the bathrooms!)

Doesn't everybody wear slippers and sit on an exercise ball at work??

Yard work continues as slowly as our training runs, but that leaf blower is still fun for the boys:


This happened:


I pumped the invisible breaks and screamed just looking at this photo ;)  Phil took Maggie to a deserted parking lot to practice in Vanna White (our 12 passenger Ford Transit).  She has her last night of Driver's Ed tonight and then can take the permit test after she turns sixteen in 2 weeks.  Phil is making her learn to drive the big van so that any other car will be easy peasy.

I can't think of much else to say, and Eamon just texted me asking about going golfing after school, Maggie texted me asking about a friend coming over, and life keeps on rolling!  I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving-prepping kind of weekend everyone :)

Run little guys...run!

4 comments:

  1. Your desk is by the bathroom. Oh Colleen. #Horrific. I'm so sorry.

    "I pumped the invisible breaks and screamed just looking at this photo ;)" I laughed so hard at this.

    And yes, I DO sit on an exercise ball. Mine fits into a base that has wheels. It's amazing! I've been using it for years and I love it so, so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I need to get the base, I'm a little too low without it!

      Delete
  2. Your office next to the bathroom . . . ugh. Hooray for the wax melt. I used to always sit on a yoga ball at my computer (not exactly work), but then Coach got me a chair that is decent on my back. A Hobby Lobby scavenger hunt is a great way to keep kids busy while you shop. I hear you on the pace of life . . . there's never a dull moment. Hope you're enjoying your weekend. Running more than 5 miles might kill me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that scavenger hunt was such a cute idea - maybe you could use it with your charges while you shop for wax melts ;)

      Delete

Talk to me...