Thursday, November 20, 2008

Colleen's Cooking Class

Here's a great Moist MEATBALL Recipe
Crack two eggs in a large bowl
Mix with 1 cup of warm water
Add 2 boxes of this:
Add:
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup milk

Throw in 2 1/2 pounds of lean hamburger meat

Mix all together (get your hands dirty!!) and roll into balls.

Yell at two-year-old a bunch of times for trying to touch the raw meat, although I can't really blame him, it is fun!

Place in casserole dish (I made about 45 meatballs and used two dishes)

Top with tomato sauce (about a jar and a half)

Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes or until cooked through.

Serve with pasta (we use whole wheat).

Yummy, these are a favorite amongst all of my kids, even my picky 4 year old likes these, and it's the only red meat he'll eat!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I've got a house full of meatball lovers but it never occured to me that I could MAKE them (as opposed to buying them in the freezer section).

    Also, your header makes me smile every time I come over to your blog...changing the world one diaper at a time.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...