Friday, March 13, 2009

Arts and Crafts for Dummies

I had a few people ask about these name plaques I made for the kids, so I thought I would tell you how I did it. Let me start off by saying that when it comes to being creative and crafty, I am mentally handicapped, so this truly is Arts and Crafts for Dummies (me being the Dummy).

I bought all the supplies at Joanne Fabrics but any craft store will have these simple supplies.


First, chose a plaque like this one (if there's no hole in the back to hang it up, have your handiest family member make one):

Then give it a couple of coats of this (I actually used white, but this paint is called Candy Bar Brown, so I couldn't resist using this picture instead):


While that is drying (overnight worked for me) start painting your letters:





I also picked up some pre-painted little wood decorations (boat, car, birdhouse, etc).


When both the letters and the board are dry, use some wood glue and start putting it all together.


And then, voila, you're done! Easy, huh?

1 comment:

Talk to me...