Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Staycation: Days 3, 4, and 5

and the saga continues...

Day 3 (Monday)
We took the kids to IKEA, which is about 45 minutes away from where we live. Unfortunately, we arrived at 9 am and it didn't open until 10. So, we went to another store to kill time (bought and ate some gummy bears - yummy!) and then went back to IKEA.
John-Paul and Andrew went to the play area for the potty-trained kids. Eamon and Maggie came shopping with us. We picked up the following items:








Day 4 (Tuesday)
We woke up early, packed lunch for everyone and headed to the Boston Museum of Science. We had passes from our local library that allowed us to get in for $20 total instead of the $70 it should have been (and that's with Eamon and Maggie being free!!).
The kids had so much fun, everything was a new discovery, a learning experience. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story:


























































From the museum, we drove to Trader Joe's, which is my favorite grocery store (too bad they are all about an hour's drive away). We bought some Two-Buck-Chuck, Pirate Booty, Sweet and Sour Chicken, and chocolates.


Later that afternoon, I took John-Paul and Andrew to see Monsters vs. Aliens. They had fun (they've only been to the movie theater maybe 4 times), but I would not recommend it. The word "Jerk" was used repeatedly, and the story line wasn't great.
Phil took the little ones to the gym childcare room so they could have fun and he could run on the treadmill - a win/win!

Later that evening, after the kids were sleeping soundly, Phil and I went on a date to a local restaurant and then did some grocery shopping - how romantic ;)

Day 5 (Wednesday)
Sadly, I worked, which means Phil had all 4 of them by himself, and it was a rainy day here. So the big outings were to Wal-Mart and the Library. They were delighted to take home Dr. Suess Books and a DVD of Babar :)

more Staycation days to come...

6 comments:

  1. Love the Ikea purchases. Could have done without the bug pic... LOL My girly girls would have had a giggle over that one. Sounds like you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've been busy! Sounds like a fun week for all though. Hope you're getting some of the nice weather we're going to have this weekend, after all the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very "interesting" looking bug!
    LOL...I just mentioned "salsa" in one of the MEMES I participate in on Fridays...and then YOU mention Trader Joe's here! Trader Joe's has THE BEST SALSA in the world!
    I hope it's ok to leave a comment here for HI/LO...my entry for today can be found here: http://thankfulwoman.blogspot.com/
    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheesh, girl, you have a lot of energy to do all of that in ONE day (Day 4). Good for you! Must be the running that gives you energy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I visited a Trader Joe's for the very first time last week. I was in Seattle with my aunt and we stopped there for a couple of things. I don't think we have them in Nebraska ... we certainly don't have IKEA! Wish we did. They have some really neat things.

    The museum looks AWESOME! We'll have to remember that if we ever visit the east coast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun! I love Ikea! Their playland is awesome. The museum was a great idea. And I love Trader Joe's - I really miss it since I've moved here.

    We saw Monsters vs. Aliens. I didn't like it. I actually fell asleep through half of it. LOL!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...