Friday, September 30, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday - Volume 8


1) 
Let's get this out of the way first.  After losing 4 pounds the first week, I only lost .4 pounds in the next two weeks combined.  Let's just say that I've been cheating a lot with birthday season around here.  Sigh.  My next weigh-in is tomorrow, but it hasn't been a perfect week so we shall see.

2)

This delicious cake might have had something to do with #1.  A few of you said it looked yummy, so I wanted to let you know the recipe.  Buy  a container of Hershey's Cocoa and make the cake and frosting recipes on the back.  Easy Peasy!  Here's the link for the cake recipe and the frosting.  It's our go-to chocolate cake.  Yum!

3)
Today is my last day at home before I return to work on Monday.  I am so happy and lucky to have my job, but I can't bear the thought of leaving Xander.  We did find a great nanny for him, but I know next week will be very emotional.

4)
We met with a realtor this week to see about putting our house on the market.  It's a 3 bedroom, 2 full bath, 2200 square foot house with a water view - anyone want to buy it?  I truly love this house and the town we live in, but I want to try to find a 4 bedroom house now that Baby #5 has arrived.

5)
Please pray for a friend of mine who is (unexpectedly) pregnant.  She already has quite a few children, and is still in a state of shock over this pregnancy.  Ahem...been there, done that....so prayers would be most helpful for her.

6) 

If anybody has a Gap/Old Navy Card....use code GCSTYLE to get 30% off clothes at Gap or GapKids. Love their stuff (but it's normally too expensive)!

7)
I just have to leave you with another baby picture (sorry!).  Xander turned 2 months old on Monday and he's such a sweet and happy baby:

Have a great weekend everyone :)

5 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you as you start back to work next week and for your friend as she adjusts to her news! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is just so cute!!!!
    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for that mama with the new pregnancy....I think they are blessed! I have a lot of people in my family right now that are struggling BIG time trying to have a baby.

    Never too many...

    Good luck with the house selling and moving! Always a crazy time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck on a new house and selling this one quickly. He is really getting big...love that SMILE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your return to work goes well. I just just went back myself after #5. Oddly enough, God has graced me with a level of acceptance that makes leaving my little Vincent bearable.

    We moved to a 4-bedroom house with our fifth on the way. It is much nicer t have a little room to space out a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...