Friday, September 30, 2016

7QT: Last day of September

It's Friday!  Here we goooo with Kelly and crew...

1)

My littlest man is 6 weeks old today!  What?!?!?!  He enjoys dining with mom, long walks with mom, burping with mom, and naps in the bassinet (you thought I was going to say with mom, didn't ya?).  We try to raise independent sleepers in this house :)



And he smiles! We love him so.

2)

For Eamon's Double Digit birthday, Phil took him and "the chosen few" to a trampoline park.  I stayed home with Maggie (she had a soccer game), Declan and Brendan and got lunch ready for their return.


The sun's in their eyes, but white background, soooo you win some, you lose some.

They had a blast!  Phil took lots of blurry videos of the fun, but nothing with quality good enough to repost ( and y'all know my quality standards are already extraordinarily low).  When they came home, they made their own pizzas:



Opened presents:


Eamon got an Amazon gift card, a Blitz ball, and that tshirt he says he's gonna wear A LOT :)




And made some wishes on a chocolate oreo cake.  




Then we sent them outside to burn off some of that sugar.  

3)

On his actual birthday, I asked him how it felt to be TEN before he went off to school, and he said, "Well I'm not ten yet".  He was born at 6:30 am, and it was 6:20 am.  Such a perfectionist!  For dinner I made him spaghetti and meatballs and we ate the other half of the cake pictured above. 




He got some more presents, including dollah dollah bills y'all (from Gammy and Grandpa, always the perfect gift!), soccer sandals, a Powerade water bottle (their requests always make me laugh) and a Dude Perfect tshirt (I didn't know what Dude Perfect was, but they do pretty cool sports stunts on YouTube, look them up!).  He didn't think he was getting any presents from us because the party was his present, but when your shy, sweet, holy son only asks to invite 2 friends for his "big friend birthday party", you can't help but want to spoil him rotten.  He's a keeper, that one.



This little dude is pretty perfect, such a wonderful son, always smiling and eager to please, and he's still gung-ho about becoming a priest.  He is loving soccer season right now.  Because of his fall birthday, he plays for a U12 team, and looks so tiny on the field!  But he's got skills, and begs to go to the big boys' U15 practices, so he ends up at four 1.5 hour practices every week.  No wonder he's so skinny!

4)

Thank you for your advice on the high cholesterol results I got back.  I never knew pregnancy/nursing could raise cholesterol, and I am going to my OB this afternoon for my 6 week checkup so I can talk about it more with him.  Besides, my morning oatmeal has been delicious, and I've added fish oil to my life.  So even if it's not dangerously high for too long, I'm hoping to get my normal levels lower.  Genetics are a bummer.

5)

In hopes of not losing the rest of my thin hair, I have started taking this collagen.  Even if it can't help my hopeless mop, it has 11 grams of protein in a 2 TBS serving, so I just throw some in my oatmeal and start the day off right!  I always try to have a healthy and filling breakfast because who knows what the rest of the day will bring!  Usually chips and chocolate.  

6) 

Inspired by Ana, I dusted off my 30 Day Shred DVD and have been working out with J and the girls.  I actually did 9 consecutive days at Level 1 and then couldn't fit in the tenth day.  Urgh.  You're supposed to do each of the three levels for ten days, but I'll just start up again today with Level 2 and hope I survive.  Once I memorize the routine, I just do it while I watch tv and time myself on my phone.  It's much faster that way (done in 18 minutes - no talking or downtime in between moves) and more flexible.  

7)

Look how beautiful our fish tank looks!



I took out the fish, then everything else out of the tank (threw away the plants) and scrubbed it, refilled it, added a turtle (hi Myrtle!) and a tree, changed the filter, and voila!  Let's see how long it lasts :)

And now I'm off to continue baking for this weekend.  So far I have one of the Baptism cakes and four chocolate chip pumpkin breads completed.  Only two more cakes and four dozen cookies to go!


It smells like heaven in here!  Have a wonderful baking, football watching OCTOBER weekend everybody!

5 comments:

  1. Perfect timing for your post. My 10 year old is going to a birthday party this weekend, and I will purchase a blitzball for the baseball loving birthday boy. The birthday party is even at a trampoline party place. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. moms who bake really impress me. I do not bake. Or cook really. it's weird.
    #momgoalz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great party for such a good kid! He sounds like a sweetheart! I hope your baking goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like the perfect 10 year old birthday! Annnnnd... now I want some pumpkin bread! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love 30 Day Shred! I'm a big fan of home workout videos but it seems like I can never get a long enough stretch of uninterrupted time to do them until my baby is able to sit up and entertain himself for a little while; right now a few jumping jacks in my pajamas when I get the time is about all I can manage.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...