Saturday, November 19, 2016

7qt: Saturday is the New Friday

Saturday is the new Friday, right Kelly?  Tardy to the party, as usual.


1)

So proud of my Franciscan University classmate on his new position!!  This gives me some faith and hope in the Trump administration.

2)

Maggie loves her Bernadette books, and now the author, Emily Ortega, has written a new book about a boy named Victor.


Victor is Bernadette's brother, and this book is his journey through Lent.  I just love Emily's style, her books weave Catholic imagery throughout but they are so loved by kids, they just get engrossed in the story.  Maggie's birthday is coming up soon, so I'm giving her Victor and the Fix-It Challenge, but I'm sure Eamon (who's in 4th grade like Victor) will be stealing it.

3)

I've found a great postpartum shirt and pants this time around.  And by great I mean flowy and elastic-waisted.  And by postpartum I mean all the years following when you've had a baby.  9 months on, 9 years off so I say.  Elastic waists and flowy tops are great for Thanksgiving too :)


#maternitypantsforever

4)

Phil's littlest sister just got engaged!



Diana and Ryan will be getting married in May, just about 15 years to the day after Phil and I tied the knot.  She was just a little peanut back when I met her, and I can't believe she's all grown up and ready to walk down the aisle.  I love weddings!!  Fun fact: all six of the kids in Phil's family went to Franciscan University, so chances are, if you're a Steubie grad from 1996-2011, you knew (or would recognize) a Martin.


5)

This week has been full of swimming practices, basketball practices and basketball games.


 Tomorrow is a 5k race for the three eldest boys and then their CYO Jamboree kickoff game for Andrew and Eamon.  After that, I plan to sit on the couch and watch the Patriots win while eating some chips and pizza.  And wonder why I can't lose the baby weight this time around....but this little 3 month old was worth it!!

My cup overflows

6)

Last weekend, our church held their Variety Show and our Pastor did a funny skit called "Monsignor's Revenge" where he knelt with all his altar servers to pray.  Then their pre-recorded voices came on as if we could hear them praying.  He got to poke fun at the altar servers, and it was great!  Most years the altar servers create a skit where they get to poke fun at him, hence the "Revenge".  I love that my boys have such a great relationship with him and he's a fun and normal man in their life.

7)

Some very November photos to record for the fading memory:






Have a wonderful rest-of-the-weekend and Happy Thanksgiving if I don't see you before then!

2 comments:

  1. The fact that your postpartum pants are "skinny" is big win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Diana! I didn't know her well, but I think we maybe were in the same dorm? Anyway, congrats to her!
    I love that Joey quote... I swear I use it every year ;)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...