Thursday, January 19, 2017

Oh Brendan

You guyssssss, Brendan turned 5 months old today!




Settle down BB, it's not like your 6 month birthday, geesh.  You party animal.

It seems like just yesterday I was waddling into the trauma that was an induced labor.  *shudder*  I feel like I barely post anymore, and I don't want Brendan to get lost in the shuffle and blame me in therapy one day, so here's what you need to know about this little man:

1)  He is fat.


This is not an insult.  I wanted a fat baby, and the Lord heard my prayers.  Declan was such a string bean, and still is, and it worries me so I wanted a nice solid chunky monkey, and Brendan came through!  We love this bib, especially since more food gets on it than in his mouth!


2)  He is a horrible sleeper.


For reals.  He takes pretty good naps, but at night, he is like clockwork, waking up around midnight then again around 3 am, to eat.  He doesn't always go right back to sleep either, so we find ourselves breaking ALL of our previous sleep rules and just do anything to get some more shut eye.  We don't understand it because he should be sleeping soundly by now (see #1).  It's bad, and Phil is such a trooper for doing the majority of it.

3) He loves to jump.


Even when you just hold him on your lap, he acts like he's in the jumperoo and just bops all over the pace.  It's so cute and Phil thinks he might end up the most athletic of the bunch.

4)  He hates the dog.


Don't believe that smile.  Granted, Lucy is waaaaay bigger than him, and whenever we put him on the floor or in the exersaucer, she kisses him all over and he can't do much but cry.  Plus, she steals his pacifiers and eats them.  Bad doggie.


5)  His smiles are contagious.
(And his shoes are soooo cute!)


Even when you're exhausted in the middle of the night, you can't help but grin back.  I admit that I didn't think he was a very cute newborn, but he certainly has grown into himself.  The smiles help. (What?  I loved him, but he wasn't a looker!  I can say that, I'm his mother.  You can't say that or I'll have to hunt you down.)


So there you go.  Proof that Brendy (as Declan calls him) was loved and cherished and not forgotten.  Happy 5 months little man.

4 comments:

  1. Loved this post! Everything. Cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe he's a cutie! I know what you mean about not getting lost in the shuffle. I'm in the process of still working on Rachel's baby book. I haven't even touched Susan's and I got another baby on the way. And the boys books are completely full. Hopefully one we get the house on the market I can calm down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep rules, shmleep rules. You do what you gotta do to get by. I had a lot of rules and regulations early on....they've slowly been "adjusted" to fit each child.

    And, I have always thought he was a looker. I'm a sucker for newborns, though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute Colleen-and chubby!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...