Friday, August 30, 2019

7 Random Friday Thoughts

Linking up with Kelly with some Quick Takes...

1)
My new Kindergartner loves using the work "random" whenever possible.  We were at the playground last weekend and he kept hanging around me, so I told him to go play, and he said "I don't want to go play with random people!"  And the introvert in me totally gets it.


2)
Guys.  I wish I never discovered the deliciousness that is the Triple Double Crunchwrap from Taco Bell.  It's deeeeelicioussssssss.  And also 700 calories.  I'm not exaggerating, that's really real.  I need an intervention, stat!

3)
I love me some homeschoolers, though I could never ever ever do it myself, I truly admire them.  I've heard quite a few complaints from homeschoolers, coming upon a new school year, who dream of sending the kids to school so that they could have 8 hours of time for themselves.  Ummmm, yeah, working moms wish for that too!  Sending kids to school does not equate with having free time.  I truly can't think of anyone in my real life that sends their kids to school and just stays home all day alone.  Is that possible?  Where can I sign up? :)


4)
We buy sucker fish so that we don't have to clean our fish tank.  True story.

5)
This summer has been a really scary time for EEE where I live.  A woman from my town (from my town!) died from getting bit by a mosquito infected with EEE.  A dead bird at the zoo was found to have EEE on the same day my daughter was there with friends.  it's just so close to home!  It is home!  We don't go out after 6:00 pm and we bug spray like crazy.  Our poor doggy isn't getting her nightly walks, and the kids and I are so fearful every time we see a bug.  It's definitely producing an underlying anxiety for everyone this summer.  

6)
In preparation for my physical next month, I will be starting a Keto diet.  I hope all my bloodwork and numbers come back like somebody who has been eating healthy all year, and not just someone who procrastinated and then crammed for an exam.


7)
I'm so excited for the long weekend!  I have some fun family stuff in the works, like a movie night, indoor rock climbing, indoor swimming, going out for breakfast, and a family party.  Maybe a beach day if it's warm enough...we've had a wonderfully cool start to school this week!  Next week I'll get the Back-to-School photo since Brendan will start preschool!  Yay!

Enjoy your last weekend of summer everyone!

1 comment:

  1. If I sent all the big kids to school, I would get even less done at home!! They were gone all week for camp at the beginning of the month and it was SO BORING at home with just the baby & toddler, plus I couldn't get anything done because I didn't have my helpers...

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...