Tuesday, March 9, 2021

I Drink a Lot

Don't go spreading any rumors, but I drink a lot.  However, most days, when I fill my water bottle to start my workout around 5 pm, I realize that I haven't had a single sip of plain water all day.  

But Colleen!  Hydration is so important!

I know, I know! I just don't love regular cold water unless I'm sweaty and hot.  Fear not though, because I drink almost continuously throughout the day.  One of my little anxiety triggers is not having a drink with me or nearby (weird, I hear ya) so I pretty much sip and stay calm all day by drinking the following, in order:

CELERY JUICE


This is a new addition for me, discovered upon researching what would help keep the shingles away from me ever again.  Do I believe that celery juice will kill the shingles virus?  I don't know but with the long list of other benefits of this unicorn juice, I am willing to try it.  I drink about 10 ounces a day, made with this juicer that I bought for myself for my birthday from Amazon Warehouse.  I try to drink it first thing and then not eat/drink anything for at least 30 minutes after.

HOT WATER WITH LEMON

Once I get to work at 7:15, I start drinking hot water with lemon (sometimes I use my True Grapefruit if we run out of lemons).  The benefits of this are also bountiful, but mostly I just do it to hydrate myself and warm drinks make me feel cozy and full.

COFFEE

Around 9 am I have my coffee.  Either two cups of half-caf or one cup of full-caf.  I drink it with cream only and savor every sip.  When I'm feeling crazy, I might have a cup of decaf too.

BONE BROTH

I do not drink this regularly because it's disgusting in my humble opinion, but on days when I try to fast longer than 16 hours, it's helpful in getting me through a couple more hours.  I do make homemade bone broth to use in our soups, but for work, I just keep a container of this powder in my closet for when a hunger emergency strikes.  But again, it's gross.  I will admit that drinking gross tasting things makes me feeeeeel healthier, so there's that. 

EMERGEN-C

To help my immune system (and because I don't eat oranges often) I drink a big mug of warm Emergen-C raspberry flavored.  I usually drink it after lunch like a dessert.

HOT TEA

I either have a cup of tea before I head home from work, or at night while in bed.  I like to drink decaf tea, and this cinnamon one is my favorite so far.  Add a splash of milk and it's like a healthy chai.


SELTZER

Oh man, I just love seltzer so much and try to only allow myself one can a day.  It was a taste I never preferred until I was pregnant with my fifth baby and then I became addicted.  I'm not picky about the brand or flavor, just give me some carbonation in my hydration and I'm a happy gal.

As you can see, my favorite cups are these double-walled glass mugs.  I don't know why but seeing the beverage makes me happy!  And that's a wrap on my daily drinking habits, do yours look similar?  Grab a drink and let's chat!  {Linking up with Rosie}

11 comments:

  1. Seltzer is my favorite too, and I also have a one-a-day limit! Now soda is way too sweet, but I love a little fizz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you limit seltzer? We have a soda stream and my husband doesn't add soda syrup, maybe only the occasional True Lemon packet, but I've never heard that seltzer should be limited?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only limit it because I would easily drink 4 cans a day, and that adds up!

      Delete
    2. I would highly suggest the soda stream then! Though my handy husband rigged it somehow to make it much cheaper to refill the cartridges so it's very worthwhile and it gets my kids to drink more as well. You had me nervous because it seems like every time we develop a healthy habit, we find out something is wrong with it, lol!

      Delete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of plain water either! Unfortunately, I gave up all beverages except water for Lent. (Don't ask me why I thought that was a good idea!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great sacrifice!!! good for you!

      Delete
  4. Wow! I feel like I would be in the bathroom most of the day! :) I am very intrigued by all the benefits of celery juice, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my own bathroom in my office :)

      Delete
  5. I ordered the juicer based on your recommendation. It’s arriving soon.
    I’m scared but willing to try to help my liver, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend having the celery juice with the juice of one green apple, until you get used to the taste of pure celery juice. Cheers to better health!

      Delete
  6. I, too, always have something liquid nearby (usually not as healthy as your choices, though; too often its' either coffee or diet soda--which I really need to quit. Maybe seltzer water is the answer?). I thought I was the only one with this sort of "drinking problem"! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...