Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Eamon Chooses Joseph

Eamon was confirmed last night and chose the name Joseph, so may I present Eamon Philip Joseph Martin:


He looks so much like my Sweeney side of the family that I'm glad we gave him a Very Irish Name :)


I don't want to embarrass Eamon here, but this young man is very special when it comes to his faith life.  He's a totally normal kid who plays soccer and basketball, loves spikeball and frisbee, works a lot at the ice cream store, puts his all into school, and is friends with everyone.  But beneath all of that there is a holiness that shines through and doesn't go unnoticed.


My younger sister was his sponsor:



He was confirmed with his cousin Tommy, and they wanted to pose like they had for First Communion seven years ago:



Phil was Tommy's sponsor:



And Gammy and Grandpa were proud of their two confirmandees.


Eamon with his godparents... my sister and her husband...


... who also happen to be Tommy's parents.


And good old Mom and Dad were there too:


Eamon, we love you so so much and you inspire us daily.  I'm so glad our parish encouraged us to do the Consecration to St. Joseph as a family last year.  Choosing Joseph was the perfect saint for you, a quiet and humble and holy man.  


:)

May the gifts of the Holy Spirit increase your faith and may you always stay close to Our Lord, Our Lady and St. Joseph.  We love you!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I like the photo with the cousin, then and now. Nice smiles. How wonderful that they know each other and can celebrate achievements together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so lucky to have so many cousins, and live/go to school with many of them :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Eamon congratulations! What a perfect confirmation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next big sacrament - Holy Orders ;)

      Delete
  3. God bless Eamon. I love his Irish name, and what a handsome Irish face, too. Considered Eamon for one of our boys. He reminds me of my Reg, a very active, sporty, and friendly fellow who also embraces his faith quite a bit for someone his age. Love the family connections/presence and sharing the special day with cousins. Curious, what grade is Eamon? High school, right? Here the kids are confirmed in 8th grade. Curly was just confirmed in mid April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's in 9th grade, that's when we do it but I think 8th grade would be better. I wish our kids could be friends!

      Delete
  4. AnonymousJune 10, 2022

    Aw I love Confirmations so much! Congrats Eamon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 14, 2022

    Congratulations to Eamon! I love his confirmation name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Eamon! I love that confirmation name and that quote! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...