Monday, June 13, 2022

My Baby's Kindergarten Graduation

Alternatively titled: It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Because I thought I would be really upset for this day to come...my baby is graduating from Kindergarten...and yet, I was just so happy for his big day and so thankful for this school and all he's learned and the ways that he has grown, that I forgot to be sad.

A trip down memory lane of our other Kindergarten grads...

JP - 2009

Andrew - 2011

Eamon - 2013

Maggie - 2014

Xander - 2017

Declan - 2020

Brendan - 2022

That smile when he saw us in the audience :)


Brendan was chosen to lead prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance with another classmate:


After donning their caps, they processed out to Pomp and Circumstance, and Brendan took the step-together-step commencement march very seriously.




Oh Brendan, you are such a joy to our family.  You are wise beyond your years, mature and kind and sweet to all.  We all just love you so much!!  




You and your best friend, Jackson:


And I didn't get a picture of your "crush" because you were too shy, but you tell us she's your crush because "she's the nicest girl in the whole class".  I hope you will always pick girlfriends based on that criteria.  You learned so much in Kindergarten this year, most notably how to be an excellent reader, even as the youngest in your class.  You fell in love with art and want to be an artist when you grow up, and if you happen to be a poor struggling artist, you can just live with me and Dad forever...deal?

13 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 13, 2022

    Thank you for sharing stories about your family. It inspires me that there are faithfully Catholic families in the US. Thanks be to God for you and for the internets so we can all be strengthened in faith with your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this trip down Kindergarten Memory Lane. So far, he has great choice in the ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please always pick the nicest partner!!

      Delete
  3. So sweet! Congratulations Brendan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, so cute! That's a big milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 14, 2022

    Congratulations to Brenda! What a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my heart!! What an absolute baby doll. I mean... big kindergarten graduate. I totally know what you mean though about being so excited for them you forget to be sad! Motherhood is complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful celebration. No need to wear a gown when a cap will get the point across.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each paper cap is handmade by a former Kindergarten teacher, so it's extra special too :)

      Delete

Talk to me...