Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Weekend Wrapup: A Comedy Show, Gift Wrapping and Celebrating Feast Days

Phil and I went on a date this weekend (early Christmas gift to each other) and saw The Play That Goes Wrong in Boston.  We are fans of these British humor plays and besides some scary moments when I thought the actors were going to fall from the second floor stage (it was all part of the act, but still) it was great.  However, we both decided that we are not really go-to-show type people and are just as happy to stay home and watch a movie in our pajamas.  But getting out and getting cultured is good for us every once in a while :)


On Sunday, I spent time in my parents living room opening boxes and sorting presents into piles-per-kid.  I like to do this early so I can make sure I have everything and it all looks pretty equal.  Each kid gets three gifts (like Jesus!) but we certainly pack a lot into each gift, if that makes sense.  Like "clothes" is one gift but they get a few articles of clothing in that gift.  Then Phil came down and wrapped them all, which was a welcome respite for me this year, and something we need to make an annual tradition.


I went upstairs and helped Alexander with his Christmas in Australia tri-fold board, yet another school project that makes me wish we homeschooled.  Hope we get an A!

JP, Andrew, Eamon and Maggie all helped Haley and Jonathan move out of their apartment and into their new house this weekend.  I can't wait to go see it all set up, they've put so much time and energy into building it over the past year.

Declan always asks to go on a walk with me and the dog, and he just chitchats the whole way, it's so cute.  He was so happy to find the Peanuts gang Christmas decorations set up in our neighborhood and wanted a picture.  That's my iced coffee he is holding, just in case any of you were worried about his caffeine consumption.


After visiting with my parents, and hearing that Grandpa's arm was bothering him (he's getting a nerve test done this week to confirm carpal tunnel syndrome) the little boys came up and wrote on our prayer board:


And that's why Jesus says we need to become like little children.

Yesterday was the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe so we had tacos for dinner and mexican hot chocolate for dessert (I just add cinnamon and nutmeg to normal hot cocoa) with homemade whipped cream.  We talked about all the miracles associated with Our Lady of Guadalupe which still blow me away every time.




JP has started working for UPS while he's home on Christmas break.  He rides in the truck and delivers packages and makes $17 per hour.  Unfortunately it seems like they only need helpers a few hours a day, but he was trying to find work quickly and this one hired him fast.  The driver he was assigned to told him that after 4 years of employment with UPS, drivers get paid $48 per hour.  Phil is currently questioning his theology teaching career choice ;)

Hope you all had a nice wintry weekend as well!

4 comments:

  1. I am currently looking for a job and have seen so many ads for UPS drivers. Unfortunately, I hate to drive and would probably injure others behind the wheel of those trucks! I hope your Dad can find relief soin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet that Declan walks and talks with you. Lad worked a few times for UPS and was a runner delivering packages. They needed him a ton and his driver loved him because Lad ran to the houses. I remember reading that UPS also has a great tuition reimbursement program. Coach is the WORST wrapper known to man. He hangs a few strings of lights outside and carries the tree in, but I am on my own for the rest of it. I'm envious of your organization. I am in bed sick. Spiked a fever last night. Wondering how everything will get done now. Hoping your dad's arm heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me, you don't get out of school projects by homeschooling, lol. Every. single. project falls to mom/teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UPS pays well. WOWZA!!
    The Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe sounds so great.
    I'm amazed at how well you can keep the kids Christmas gifts organized!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...