Monday, February 27, 2023

Prayers for Will

Last weekend, we had a terrible accident in my family.  My brother-in-law, Will, fell from the top of a 24 foot ladder while cutting a tree branch.  He sustained tons of injuries and was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance (he should have been medflighted to Boston but there were no available helicopters).  He was in the ICU for four days as they tried to control his pain and figure out all of his injuries.  

The surgeons say he is so lucky to have survived this fall.  

Thankfully, Will was moved to a rehab hospital yesterday to receive intensive therapy before he can have the surgeries he will need.  He is the main breadwinner for the family and he will be out of work for a long time on his road to recovery.  My sister, Maura is a nurse (luckily!) and so strong and their three kids are handling this the best that they can but their world has been flipped upside down.

 I set up a GoFundMe for their family because so many generous people have asked how they can help.  Please feel free to share, donate or most of all PRAY for a speedy recovery for Will.  Thank you all!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. This is so terrible and he is very lucky to have survived. Sending up prayers for successful surgeries and a smooth (as possible) recovery for Will. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Colleen. This is so frightening. I will pray for Will and his family. Life is so very fragile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear this, Colleen. My thoughts and prayers are going straight to Will and his family. Wishing him a smooth and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this news. Sending love to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying for Will and your whole family!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...