Friday, September 29, 2023

Week in Review: Big Kids, Big Schedules and Advice for a Care Package

Hello!  Not much to say this week, but here's the look back in the rearview mirror.

I felt really overwhelmed this week when trying to figure out the kids' schedules.  On Wednesday alone, we had a volleyball game, soccer game, basketball clinic, soccer practice and swim team practice.  Tuesday had been the same, less the basketball clinic.  It's exhausting and we do the bare minimum when it comes to kids being involved in sports - one sport per kid per season, no travel teams - but it all adds up quickly.  Technically, Declan is playing soccer and now has a once a week basketball clinic at his school because they are trying to prepare a team for the CYO season.  Thankfully, a friend whose son is on the same soccer team as Declan offered to bring him from basketball to soccer for me, which is a huge help.  The fall is just always crazy, and it's nobody's fault but a young Colleen and amorous Phil, so I am complaining in the mirror.

Does anybody know if Elisabeth Frost's blog is still functioning?  I can't seem to get on her website anymore and I don't see her commenting here and I hope everything is ok.

Today at work, my one big annual report is due and I have everything completed on my side but I am waiting for the Town to send me their numbers and it is killing my Type A Goodie Two Shoes Top of the Class Teacher's Pet self.  I think I'm going to have to turn it in late!

Tomorrow we will be mailing out a birthday package for our freshman in college and I need to shop for some "fillers" today.  And tips on snacks or dorm room ideas would be helpful!

There is a hotel verrrrrry close to our house that will now be hosting illegal immigrants.  The story is here and people are upset and I have lots of mixed feelings about it, especially as I am the daughter of an immigrant and feel so very badly for what is happening in Haiti.

Some photos from the week:

Favorite daughter

Focus

Phil and I tried a new Indian restaurant and it was DELICIOUS

Police dog visiting the kids school

Brendan sees me rolling out my back and has to join in

Rainy Saturday mornings = soccer canceled = pancakes!

Cousins and scoopers

Andrew and friends after a game

Have a wonderful September-October weekend everyone.  Hug your families tight :)

10 comments:

  1. Elisabeth Frost had her blog deleted! She has a new one called Optimistic Musings of a Pessimist (I think). I was wondering the same thing - and I found it by clicking on her name in a comment she left one someone's blog (maybe Girl in a Boy House?). So please go find her again - I love her writing and found her thourgh your blog roll. (Thank you for having one, BTW! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaahhhh! Thank you! Found it here: https://optimisticmusings.com/ and will update my blogroll :)

      Delete
  2. I'm here! Sorry, my commenting game has been horrible lately because life has thrown a lot of curveballs my way.

    My old blog was deleted and I ended up deciding to pivot and start fresh - new site, new URL, and it just launched this week. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're okay although that is so frustrating to have your blog deleted!!! I'm so sorry for you :(

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, that is SO busy! Fall is a wild ride! So sweet to send your college freshman a care package. My mom did that for me and I was so grateful. She included a few little decor items for upcoming holidays -- so if your kiddo might enjoy that, it might be fun to include some Halloween or fall wall clings or something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to send a care package to my daughter when she's in college, the boys are much less interested in room decor and holiday stuff! I ended up doing lots of his favorite snacks and gift cards and a sweatshirt :)

      Delete
  4. I feel the busy so much! Curious what fillers you ended up with for the package. Maggie is so lovely... all your boys are handsome but gosh, it's shocking to me how grown Maggie is. How is it possible?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like her face got more mature this year, everybody keeps saying how old she looks suddenly. And of course there are now interested boys in the picture, which makes Phil want to buy a gun ;)

      Delete
  5. Young Colleen and amorous Phil made me laugh out loud :D You are definitely busy even with just one sport per kid!!!

    I'm commenting too late to be of help with the care package fillers, but for future reference, I always appreciated toiletries, gum, and jellybeans (my favourite candy). I guess the boys may not be that excited about shampoo and new razors but I loved getting that kind of thing so that I could spend my own money on fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came here to say what everyone else is saying...Maggie is gorgeous and looks so grown up. Poor Phil!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...