Friday, October 6, 2023

Week in Review: Sports of Course, The Tramp is Dead, and Living the Life

Happy Friday!  Fridays are always my favorite day of the week, but they are especially nice when they begin a long weekend!

Are you sick of hearing about fall sports yet?  Me too!  Haha, but it is what it is.  Declan's team won their first two games (the season has started late due to all the rain) and my little man scored goals in both games.  At the beginning of the game, they all put in their hands and yell "1, 2, 3, ICE CREAM COTTAGE" and parents will cheer "Go Ice Cream! Go Ice Cream!" and it all just cracks me up.


Cotton Candy for the fans

Our doctor's wife passed away years ago from breast cancer, and their two boys are in the same grades as Andrew and Eamon.  The family hosts a big 5k race each year that we have run in multiple times, but this year only Eamon ran and he did awesome, coming in 8th place overall:


I was finally able to watch one of Eamon's soccer games...and they lost horribly...maybe I'm bad luck?


Maggie's volleyball team played against the team from our town, so we invited them to come get ice cream after the game and opened The Cottage up just for them (and for the older gentlemen who thought we were open to the public and bought two pints!)  This is our last weekend of the season and we are ready.


This meme made me laugh out loud, as I will be turning 45 in a few months:


I also had to laugh at our bottle of Tide that "Lasts 4 months".  Um, no, not in this casa.


The trampoline has a huge hole made by a certain someone who wanted to quickly show her friends how she could do a flip and didn't want to take off her sneakers to do said flip.  It's okay, it is a very old hand-me-down and we are due for a new one.  When we first got this trampoline, the kids would innocently and naively abbreviate it to "The tramp" and say things like "I'm going outside to jump on the tramp!"  Yesterday I said to Phil "The tramp is dead."


My breakfasts this week, mixed together to make a high protein pumpkin spice iced coffee:


Mom, take a picture of my Lego creation before I destroy it:


Andrew and friends eating at the Oktoberfest dinner on campus:


And then they went out to a soccer team player's 21st birthday at Hofbrauhaus in Pittsburgh, which Andrew said was so fun and included dancing on tables.

I stole this photo from JP's girlfriend's Instagram story:


They are so cute!  JP and Grace celebrated their Two Year Dating Anniversary by going to the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Pittsburgh which looks beautiful.  These college kids are living the life!  I'm happy for them :)

Have a wonderful long weekend everybody, hope it's full of fun fall activities!

11 comments:

  1. Now I really want some ice cream!
    School sports are definitely in full swing, but this year I've been enjoying the excuse to be outside in the sunshine. It's turning to rain soon, but I've loved every minute of the crisp and warm combo in each fall day lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here for the fall sports updates. I love the ice cream cottage's role in the teams chants and after game treats. Two years - wow. This sounds serious. Those huge jugs of Tide do not last that long here either. I buy them every time they are on sale at Costco. I love Fridays too, especially since I have Fridays off this year. Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fridays off is such a smart move on your part!

      Delete
  3. Oh no on being bad luck (temporarily) for Eamon! :)

    I hope you'll do a recap-ish of learnings and things from first year of Cottage! Also, who took the very first order ever at the Cottage? That used to be a fun thing for my summer gig. We'd compare timestamps on receipts to determine which cashier at which location took the "opening order" of the season!

    I went to a wedding a few years ago at Phipps. Sooooooo beautiful. I just love Pittsburgh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil took the first order, and we have a photo of our first cutie patootie customer :)

      Delete
  4. Phipps and Hofbrau, two of Pittsburgh's gems! Glad to see they're having a good time! Being an old fuddy-duddy now, I always sit on the outdoor patio at Hofbrauhaus where there is no dancing on tables and you can actually hear yourself think ;) but 20 years ago was a different story!

    It has never occurred to me to mix a protein shake with coffee, but it's a brilliant idea. Is the texture okay? I once tried "bulletproof coffee" (with coconut oil mixed in) and that was NOT an experience to repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be with you in the quieter section! Protein shakes in coffee is a winner - goes down smooth and you can skip the cream or sugar too!

      Delete
  5. Go Ice Cream! I love it! I know you guys are so excited to close the cottage for the season. What a wonderful season it has been! And I love that picture of JP and his girl friend. They make the cutest couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a cute couple, we just need to spend more time with her :)

      Delete
  6. Hello there, my friend! What a lovely couple! I so enjoy keeping up with your awesome family, Colleen. Have a cozy autumn, and congratulations on a super successful summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Billie Jo! Good luck with all your moving and settling in :)

      Delete

Talk to me...