Friday, April 26, 2024

Week in Review: Say my Name, Say my Name

Happy LAST FRIDAY OF APRIL!!  Before we know it,


Let's play the name game, shall we?  Do you know who's who in the Martin Family?

1. Somebody had his college Senior Formal on Friday night...






2. Someone was evaluated and excited to make the spring swim team and get some jammers like his big brother...




3. Someone had a two day volleyball tournament in Rhode Island this past weekend (and lost every game but honestly played well) ...



4. Someone has run the 400m in a few track meets, and realizes that volleyball is her sport...


5. Someone found everyone's favorite blanket left on the floor and made herself comfortable...


6. Someone (who ordered a floppy hat) has been walking a LOT lately as other exercise was off limits post surgery, and enjoying this beautiful area she gets to call home, as well as participating in the Cool Bloggers Walking Club that Elisabeth started...






7. Some of us got pulled into a photo after Mass with the Sisters who were visiting to speak on vocations...


8. Someone has been working VERY hard to get The Ice Cream Cottage ready for season two...


9. Someone was instrumental in getting Jason Evert to come speak at the kid's high school...


10. Some poor lads did not even get a mention in this blog post but their mama still loves them lots!


* Answers *

1. John-Paul
2.Brendan
3. Maggie
4. Maggie
5. Lucy Doodle
6. Colleen
7. My family plus my sister's family plus my parents
8. Phil
9. Phil
10. Andrew, Eamon, Alexander and Declan

Have a great weekend everybody!!  

10 comments:

  1. Woo! Perfect Score! I even wrote down Lucy Doodle Martin so I am feeling pretty much like a straight A student over here. :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun post to read. What a fancy formal! I've never attended anything like that but - wow!
    I have copied this post link for next week's CBWC recap!!! I think you've posted pictures before and I've forgotten to link *facepalm*
    And, as always, whenever I read a post about the Ice Cream Cottage, I am not desperately hungry and craving ice cream! (Have you heard the Ice Cream song in the Anne of Green Gables Musical? If not, I bet you'd love the lyrics <3)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard that song, but off to search for it now!!

      Delete
  3. Just wait until the boys are converted to Speedos : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't *think* I've seen any older boys wearing speedos? Do they do that in high school maybe?

      Delete
  4. Love the pics. I remember so vividly taking Lad for his first pair of jammers. He was like WHAT NOW? He was a tad pudgy and refused to come out of the changing room. Funny that he embraced the uniform gradually and went on to swim and play water polo in high school, and wp in college. I don't blame Lucy. That looks like an amazing blanket, that my kids would've trashed in record time by tying it to things to make a fort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xander was the same with the jammers, but Brendan just wants to be like his big bro :)

      Delete
  5. Can't get over how gorgeous the scenery is where you live! Just beautiful. And those carts full of ice cream supplies are making me hungry too...

    Also, the Justin Timberlake May meme will never get old. Never ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post! Where do you find the time to write anything with all that you have going on? I'm sure you're excited about Cottage Season Two! And I hope you are recovering well. XO

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...