Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Life Lately: Unexpected Gifts, Field Trips and Silver Linings

Hey June!  This weather is staring off very wonderfully summery and though I personally prefer temps in the 50-60 degree range, The Ice Cream Cottage is thriving.  Look at what a talented customer dropped off:


Isn't that such a beautiful painting?  I can't get over how nice people are.  I will treasure this painting forever.

I've always liked Two Good yogurt, and this new Key Lime flavor is so good.  I just realized I'm also drinking Lime seltzer, so I guess I have a thing for limes.  No scurvy here!


My workout wrapup for the month of May:


Currently Phil and I wake up at 6 am and walk the dog for 45 minutes before work, then I walk or go to the gym later in the day (either on my lunch break or while the littles have swim team in the evening).  Then I eat lots of ice cream to make sure it's not poisonous for our customers.  What I'm saying is:


This weekend, Phil and I rode our bikes down the bike path in our town.  It goes 5 miles each way and is so gorgeous.  Seriously, every time I do it, I feel like I am on vacation.  We took the kids on a walk the next day there (they can't all manage riding the full 10 miles yet) and it was so fun!




Andrew and Darian went to a Red Sox game and Darian was nice enough to send me photos and videos (kids, take note, it's not that hard to be my favorite):

First Red Sox game!


Declan went on yet another field trip, this time to the grocery store where they got to make their own pizzas, pet a lobster, have a scavenger hunt in the store and decorate a piece of cake to bring home.  They also went to a nice playground. This kid has got the life!



To celebrate Corpus Christi at their school, they had a Eucharistic Procession that ended in Adoration in the gym.  I just love Catholic schools!  Declan and Xander are two of the servers:


Maggie went to watch the promenade with friends, which is when the people attending prom walk across the stage so everybody can ooh and ahh over the dresses and couples.  Afterwards she took a picture with her cousin who is a senior.  Maggie is going to miss having her cousin at school and on the volleyball team so much next year.

Scoopers and Sister Cousins

At the Cottage, we are running Olympic weekly specials this summer.  If you're near and dear, please stop on by to celebrate with us.  Go Team USA!


Our first niece got married this weekend in North Carolina!  Congrats to Maura and Timothy, we wish we could have been there.  May there be lots of love and babies in your future, and since Maura is one of eight children and Timothy is one of eleven children...there's a very good chance of that panning out :)

And finally, this happened:

Look at all that pollen - achoo!

Mama's got a new ride!  

I got a 2024 Subaru Forester that I think I'm naming it Grayson (because it's gray and I have lots of sons) and I love it so far.  It's so fancy and new and I don't deserve it but we were looking to buy an older car (a 2021 with low mileage) and this was the same monthly price with the interest rate deal they had running.  My first new car at the ripe old age of 45 :)  I hung up a delicious summery yet scandalous air freshener because it turns out that I do not like the new car smell.


The teens will now be driving my 2013 Honda Odyssey and they will learn to love it, haha.  There's always a silver gray lining, and this time a totaled car led to an unexpected new one.  As Eamon said when he saw my new car "You're welcome."

13 comments:

  1. You're welcome. Hahahaha.
    Love that painting. Wow - gorgeous.
    And that Olympic theme is brilliant!! You are so creative. And I'm always in awe of how much physical activity you fit in to a month! Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly because I sit the rest of the day :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your new car! You deserve it!!!!! While it came about in a scary way, I guess it proves that God makes good out of all things! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was very unexpected and thank you!

      Delete
  3. Does Grayson have the third row seating? It looks very snazzy to me! Congratulations to you. Your customer is so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! Downsized since we still have a minivan that seats 8 and a 12 passenger van in our rotation :)

      Delete
  4. I love your new car!!! You are the luckiest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You're welcome" - so funny. That sounds like something one of my boys would say. Love the cousin closeness. Reg and his cousin are best buddies. I would do the same thing - sample ALL of the ice cream. Those bike trail photos make it look like you ARE on vacation. Hope the summer weather continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always felt bad for her to not have sisters, but she has two girl cousins who go to the same schools as she did/does and play the same sport and God certainly provided!

      Delete
  6. I often say that I workout so much, just to look like any other middle aged, out of shape woman. But man, ice cream IS good.
    Love the Cottage artwork, the new car (it's sacrilegious to cover up the new car smell) and yes, your kids are living the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos from that trail are spectacular! It's like instant therapy just looking at the pictures -- I'm sure your blood pressure and heart rate immediately lower when you're there in person!

    The Cottage painting is such a treasure. I just love people. And love all your weekly specials! Super creative and I'm sure they are all delicious.

    Kudos to you for all the exercise. It's so good for your mental and physical health.

    And the new car -- wahoo!! Enjoy!! The "you're welcome" made me laugh ... TOTALLY something my oldest would say. These kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to laugh at the scurvy comment. When my youngest daughter was about 3 or 4, she was terrified of scurvy after listening in to a home school science lesson I was doing with her older siblings. After that she would not go a day without making sure she'd eaten some citrus fruit. She's almost 15 now- but she still loves lime too!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...