Friday, October 4, 2024

Week in Review: Fundraising, Interviewing, and Bonding, Oh My!

Another Friday, another what in the world did we do and I better write it down for the family scrapbook or else nobody will remember any of it.

Phil and I were invited out by friends to a fundraiser for an awesome organization called My Brother's Keeper.  This is the same place where our friend Jean volunteered lots of her time before she left the earth much too soon.  There was a nice talk given to honor Jean's legacy and even though most of us have volunteered here individually in years past, we want to bring the whole family to shop and wrap for a family in need during the Christmas season.  A nice bonus on the evening was that a photographer snapped this photo of Phil and I with our friends and their oldest (of eight!) daughter:

Me: We clean up nice!  Phil: It's called a filter.

JP has been having one of the busiest weeks of his life trying to apply for medical schools, finish up his EMT recertification, and had three interviews for one job.  I think he is going to get the job as an Emergency Room Technician today (?) and also turn in his med school apps soon.  He did well on his MCAT but is worried about his gpa not being high enough, so he is also applying to DO schools.  This waiting and praying game is stressful and lots of chips and chocolate have been consumed (by me).  How I wish I was one of those people who "just can't eat because they're too stressed out".  Meanwhile my stress levels and love of food are besties.

Andrew had midterms this week so he didn't travel last weekend.  These are just some shots of walks around the school:

Campus

Town

Eamon was our family's representative to watch the VP debate and I heard it went well but was rather uneventful.  This meme cracked me up though:


Maggie’s volleyball team had a team dinner at the nicest mom’s house. Maybe this bonding time will help them win some games *fingers crossed*.


Declan had soccer team photos on Saturday and barely survived posing for this photo for me:


I left work at 4:01 yesterday, we get out at 4:00, and the parking lot was already deserted. Working a government job certainly has its perks!


And that was a short story to tell!  This weekend we have a fancy dinner to attend, a soccer game (Declan), a swim meet (Brendan and Xander), SATs for Eamon, and volleyball and soccer practices and games for the highschoolers.  Plus another birthday to someone who is very missed and loved (Happy Birthday Andrew!)

Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Me: We clean up nice! Phil: It's called a filter.
    Hahahaha.
    You DO clean up nicely and look great all the time and I love the dress you're wearing. It look fabulous on you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you...it's a blouse and pants because (unlike you) I would chose pants over a dress in every situation that allows :)

      Delete
  2. "It's called a filter." Ha. So funny. I love those team dinners. This was the first weekend that we (and by we - I guess I mean me, since Coach flew to NC to teach a class) were home in about 4 or 5 weeks. I love tailgating and visiting college kids, but there was so much that needed to get done around here. I can't say it all got done, but we made a dent (and by we, I mean me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ernie, I don't know how you do it! I need to have time to be home every weekend or life would just fall apart around here.

      Delete

Talk to me...