Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hi Lo: October 29th


I'm going to start with the Lows first...it was that kind of week.

LO's:
1) Spent most of our free time this week calling people to see what we could do about the $10,000 the IRS wants.  Talked to lawyers, CPA's, someone from our Congressman's office, and the IRS many many times.  It seems like we're going to have to pay it, because although we didn't know it, we didn't follow the law to get the credit properly. 

2) What makes me really mad is that if Phil and I were not married, just living together and raising our children, then we could have gotten the credit no problemo.  But you try to do things right, and you get no benefit.  Well, at least in this life ;)

3) I got a call from Eamon's preschool teacher on Thursday.  Apparently he was talking about the saints and Heaven and how he wanted to die to be with Jesus all the time.  Then, a minute later, he choked on his lunch.  Weird and scary or beautiful and coincidental?

4) Had a staff meeting at work, and they will be meeting with me soon (as with all my co-workers) to analyze our time spent on billable work vs. non-billable work. I am nervous because there's been quite a few slow days here over the summer and fall, and I have run out of billable work to do.  It's not my fault, but I wonder what they are going to say to me.

HI's:
1) I have a very nice relative who is offering to loan us the money so we can be indebted to her instead of to the IRS.

2) You guys rock!!  Thanks for your support and prayers.  I wish I could give you all hugs :)

3) We had a parent-teacher conference with John-Paul's 2nd grade teacher, and he is doing awesome.  He's at the top of his class, and she says she has seen him mature so much already this year.  She told us to get him some hard books to read because he finishes his work so fast.  He still needs to work on not talking out of turn...Mr. Know-It-All ;)
4) Even though our financial situation is ALWAYS a concern (more than we let others know), I have honestly been able to see how lucky we are in the way more important ways.  If someone told me one of my kids was really sick, I would gladly give all my money to make it better.  So money really doesn't matter.  Family does, and I've got an awesome one!

How were your weeks?

9 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you this week Colleen and the whole IRS issue. Still really bummed that it can't be resolved without you having to pay, but yes, that is very kind of someone to loan you the money. Thank goodness for that :)
    Will keep your meeting/job situation in prayer too. Hopefully that isn't stressing you out too much.
    Hooray John Paul! And double hooray for family and the small blessings each day that we may overlook.

    Sending you lots of {{hugs}} from MN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know that it will work out for you guys... i'll continue to think and pray for you all...

    have a wonderful wkend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really hate the irs situation, i am sorry about that! i know the stress of the billable hours all too well. hopefully that conversation goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that things work out with the IRS. Have you checked Dave Ramsey's website for a good, local adviser?

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww....I always love your 'hi's'
    Sometimes things just work out, and I am hoping (and it sounds like it will) things work for you guys.
    Have a wonderful weekend with your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up on your blog and was saddened to hear that you have all this on your plate! We will be praying for it to turn out for good. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys have been in my thoughts this week as well... it's a shame that you do things the right way and still get punished... seems like the system is a bit backwards! :(

    Hope the work meeting isn't anything to stress about. You can't help if you get all your work done!!! :)

    Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was hoping the IRS issue would be resolved . . . in a way that included not having to pay it. I agree, it seems the people who are working hard to do the right thing aren't "rewarded" nearly as often as those who are constantly making poor decisions. But, luckily our most important reward doesn't come here on this earth anyway.

    Still praying, and sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen, sister! I don't envy your battle with the IRS, but everyone's healthy! There's always a blessing to look to in hard times, and I'm glad you've found a few!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...