Friday, October 21, 2022

Week in Review: Too Busy, Too Spooky and Too Good

What a busy week!  We have had an event every single night this week, which I detest.  And it's not over!  

Tonight is the elementary school's Harvest Fest (a fun outing for parents) but the three high schoolers will be at the Homecoming Football game, so Phil will go without me (he's running the cornhole tournament) and I will *sacrifice* and stay home with the little guys.  Before that, Maggie has a volleyball game which we will watch, Andrew & Eamon have soccer games away, Declan & Brendan have friends coming over after school, Xander has Campus Ministry Club, and then we all have to go out to the high school because they are recognizing Senior athletes tonight before the football game, so we need to walk with Andrew and get our photo taken.


Meanwhile, halfway across the world, JP has been hiking all over Europe.  He went to Turin and Pollone, Italy last weekend, seeing Blessed Pier Giorgio's home and hiking in his footsteps.


He said this 7 hour hike was the most physically demanding thing he's ever done.



And he's currently in Mallorca, Spain this three-day weekend which he told me is like "Europe's Hawaii but cheaper".

Fall sports seasons are coming to an end with a bunch of final games and rescheduled rain outs happening this week and next.

Andrew #11 killing it on defense

Maggie (blond ponytail) killing it at net

Xander killing it in the pool

Brendan killing it his first time as goalie

All of them collectively killing their parents slowly with their insane schedules ;)

Meme from the week:

I made pumpkin muffins last weekend, but I think I overcooked them a bit as they were a little dry.  Nothing a cup of coffee or coffee milk couldn't fix.


My spooky halloween drink when Phil whisked me away for lunch on Sunday.


My little troopers who get dragged to watch their big siblings' games and eat picnic dinners and don't complain.


We don't do jack o'lanterns at our house (I have visions of knives slipping - see above meme) but the teens went to Praise and Play held by their Campus Minister (adoration, food and fun!) where they made jack o'lanterns and proved that God provides :)
 


I hope you all are having a more relaxing fall than we are, but if you're in the busy - but good, all good - trenches too...solidarity fist bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...