Monday, April 10, 2023

Easter Hoppenings :)

On Good Friday, we normally wash the walls because it's a chore everybody hates so I try to turn it into a sacrificial example of Jesus' dying on the cross for us.  He died for us, we can clean the walls.  I don't know, it's all very Lenty and Good Friday-y in my head.  Anyhoo, this Good Friday, my lead up-high wall washer (Phil) was working on the ice cream store, so the kids and I decided to clean out the mudroom instead, also a very hated project.  Here's about 2/3 of the contents of the mudroom spread all over our living room.  The other 1/3 of the contents are my shoes that live on shelves in there.  Everyone had to go through their shoe box and their hook jackets/sweatshirts and get rid of everything they no longer wore.  We vacuumed and febreezed the mudroom and now it's a nice little nook again.


The Ice Cream Cottage...we walk Lucy down there in the evening to check on any progress, it's only 3/4 mile from our house :)


Maggie and I went for our much needed annual mani/pedi.  She was texting me how ticklish it was and I agree, but worth it to have cute feet in the end.


I let my nail girl pick the color and she chose this light purple for Easter.

We attended the 8am Mass on Easter Morning.  This was definitely not a buy.new.outfits.that.are.coordinated kind of year and more of a just.pick.something.from.your.closet kind of year.


The Easter Bunny came while we were at church!  Lots of candy and fave snacks a video game and books and an electric toothbrush for everyone.




We made lemon mascarpone pancakes (triple the recipe, add juice of one lemon to batter and skip the berry topping) and bacon for breakfast, delish.  Then we cooked our three dishes for the potluck dinner later - Crockpot Mac n CheeseSweet n Sour Instant Pot Meatballs (no peppers) and Dauphinoise Potatoes.  They were all good, and I doubled all the recipes. 

Around noon we went to my sister's house and marvelled at her newly remodeled kitchen.  This is most of the Sweeney side of the family - missing four kids.



Andrew and his cousin, Lilly, left the party to go "kill" his Senior Assassin target, who happens to be on the tennis team with Lilly.  He missed her...again.  She's a sneaky one!






An Easter egg hunt for the little ones (not too many little ones anymore!) ended the day.



I hope your Easter was great! Remember it's a long season and not just a day, so keep on celebrating.  He is Risen!

12 comments:

  1. I love your Good Friday cleaning sacrifice, and the whole weekend sounds wonderful and full of family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring cleaning with a side of Catholic guilt :)

      Delete
  2. I also make my kids clean on Good Friday! Looks like you celebrated well. I love the chocolate covered strawberries that look like carrots! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those carrot strawberries were so good too!

      Delete
  3. What a great idea - cleaning on Good Friday! I can only imagine the groans from my kids, but it does seem like a fitting time for rest, renewal, and a clean heart - er, walls!

    He is Risen, indeed <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there was wailing and gnashing of teeth ;)

      Delete
  4. I love your Good Friday cleaning plan. When I empty the mudroom, it expands to a very similar look like this. I used to clean ours but I refuse now. They are old enough. There will be a designated day when they are all here in the summer and no one will go anywhere until it is done to my satisfaction.

    That peep cake is super cute and clever. What a great looking, huge crowd. When our high school had a half day, there were seniors cutting through our house to try to surprise someone in senior assassin. Reg is a junior and he was being 'helpul' - meanwhile, the tots and I were a bit startled. Kids ran through calling HI MRS. SHENANIGAN!

    Every year Easter sneaks up on me (now that the kids are older) and everyone scrambles for something to wear to church that is spring-like and not too wintery. Dress shoes often are the missing piece of the puzzle.

    He is risen indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told my kids that I would never sign up for the assassin game, it's so scary! Like people wait outside homes and lay down behind cars so the person can't move, dangerous!

      Delete
  5. Hello! Oh the annual mudroom clean out! I remember that!!! The coats, boots, shoes, mittens, and little stones that got drug in from the snow?? I dreaded it but we were always so happy when it was done. Great project for Good Friday! Your lovely family looks beautiful for Mass, and your day looks absolutely perfect. Love the desserts. I will have to show Peyton the pictures! And I might have missed it, but aren't you short one child??? Have a blessed Easter season, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes one child missing! JP is at Franciscan University in Ohio, he came home for Spring Break and will be back at the end of the semester :)

      Delete
  6. Looks like a lovley Easter and I love that you are so close to the Ice Cream Cottage! What a perfect location!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to include us on your Cape Cod vacation!

      Delete

Talk to me...