Friday, August 9, 2024

Week in Review: Lucky Charms and Lucky Kids

Happy Friday!  

Eamon has been doing morning workouts with his soccer team and also playing in a summer league, and we were finally "allowed" to see him play this week.  He always downplays his games and says they're not worth watching/they are going to lose/it is bad weather but I put my foot down and told him to pick a game we could watch and it finally happened.  His cutie patootie girlfriend met up with us to watch for the first time as well (she played in her own summer league that just ended) and guess who scored?  Yup, #17 my Eamon Philip.  I think we were the lucky charms for him that night and this is why you should always want your mom to go to your games and cheer you on and not be embarrassed about her yelling.


Phil and I tried a Lebanese restaurant to grab something quick before the game, and this chicken shawarma wrap was filling yet light.  I keep thinking about it.


We also made turkey burgers this week, and I was reminded why we eat beef burgers normally.  I just don't love turkey in any form.  But we are trying to eat healthy and lower my cholesterol so it was worth a try.  I've been making overnight oats every day using these jars and filling them with oats, almond milk, chia seeds, ashwagandha, protein powder/greek yogurt and some peanut butter - delish!


Andrew's girlfriend, Darian, had her senior photos done and Andrew was able to get in a few pictures with her and oh my goodness look how beautiful these two are.  It makes me want to take family photos on the beach stat.


This was a no-camp-for-the-littles week, so Phil took a few days off to take them to do some fun things.  He was planning on beach days with them (free fun!) but it was a rainy week, so they met up with friends at a different trampoline park that was way cool.  Look at Brendan holding his nose to jump in!






Our town's police union had a fun night out, and there were emergency vehicles to explore, firefighters with the big hose, and lots of other events set up, it was really nice.




Another rainy day activity was bowling, our one and only leftie Mr. Xander B shows off his skills:


Maggie has been talking nonstop about doing mission work, and her friend's church group just happens to be planning a mission trip to San Juan Texas in February, so this week she signed up to go with her friend.  Perfect!  I just love her servant heart :)

Speaking of volunteers, these kids were happy to eat the practice ice cream tacos and ice cream sandwiches for dessert last night.  We have a customer who wants 30 ice cream tacos for a party at the end of the month, so we were trying to figure out the best way to make them ahead and freeze them (they are usually served fresh).  Turns out there's not many ways you can ruin ice cream so they are good to go!  Thanks boys for your service.


Here's to sunny days ahead!  Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

4 comments:

  1. I love the ice cream eating volunteers. So eager and who can blame them. What a cute photo of the couple. I love photos on the beach. BTW when I make taco salad I use ground turkey and no one can tell the difference. I think there is just enough spices happening that it covers the turkey taste. That trampoline park looks next level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you pack as much into a week as we do in a month! Ha! All amazing things and I'm so glad you got to be Eamon's lucky charms. Your line about turkey burgers made me laugh. I have a recipe for turkey meatballs that I should just throw away because I always flip right past it in my recipe binder. Life is too short ;)

    And wow -- that photo of Andrew and Darian is stunning! A framer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a full and fun week!

    Like you, I dislike turkey in pretty much any form. I don't think I've ever had a turkey burger! Did you make the turkey burgers from scratch? If so, is it a recipe you'd try again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! You are rocking motherhood, you know? Adults and teens and little ones all at the same time and look at you! Love following your beautiful family, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...